Seeking Melbourne Based Front End Web Designer / Developer
* Fun and collaborative environment
* Part-time with flexible hours
* April start
I am a digital professional working alongside one of Melbourne’s top branding agencies. I am establishing a team and looking for an experienced and highly competent Front End Designer / Developer to become my first employee.
This part-time position 2-3 days a week comes with a highly-competitive salary package and can very quickly become a full-time position for the right candidate.
Beginning in April, you and I will work together 2-3 days a week on projects for some of Australia’s most recognisable brands, as well as servicing a large number of new and existing SME clients. We will work in Melbourne’s design capital – South Melbourne – in a fun and collaborative environment we’ll share with a leading branding agency.
This is a great opportunity to work on major projects for big brands and establish yourself as a true design professional.
To be considered for this role, you MUST have at least 2 years industry experience and a supporting folio.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building new websites from scratch based on a design concept.
- Building new sections and features for existing client websites including website maintenance tasks.
- Providing creative ideas and solutions based on client briefs.
- Researching new technologies and industry developments.
To be successful in this role, you MUST be a PC user proficient in:
- Abode CS: Dream weaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash (bonus)
- Front end coding using PHP, especially CSS3, HTML5, jQuery and other technologies.
- WordPress V3.0+ (a must)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 or 2008
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Australian Resident
- High attention to detail and accuracy – this is a must
- Ability to think for yourself, and think outside the box.
- Ability to self-manage and lead others.
- Good eye and ability to create amazing designs while meeting client’s needs.
- Knowledge of developing websites on various platforms Word Press, Drupal (bonus), Joomla (bonus).
- Creating eDMs – experience with mailing platform such as Mail Chimp, Vision 6 or Campaign Monitor (bonus)
- Developing client briefs
- Being pixel perfect!
- An understanding of SEO and Social Media
- Easily able to adapt to change.
Please submit your resume and folio to email@example.com